MURPHY SM135 is a highly efficient performance charger, designed for continuous float charging and standby battery applications. Switch mode technology gives major advances in power supply and battery charger design: compact and lightweight construction, improved efficiency and low heat dissipation, wide supply voltage tolerance and low output ripple. The result is fast, accurate charging, for optimum battery life and reliability.
- High rate duty float charging, 4.5A
- Selectable DC output for 12V or 24V nominal, lead acid or NiCd batteries.
- Low ripple, switch mode output for both sealed or vented batteries
- Fully automatic charge regulation
- Boost mode
- Charge fail alarm output
- Universal 95 to 277 VAC power supply
- Open-frame circuit board, DIN-rail mounted
- Operating voltage: 95 to 277 V AC
- Operating frequency: 47 – 440 Hz.
- Nominal DC output: 4.5A, switchable 12 or 24V, lead acid or NiCd
- Float/boost voltage: See ‘output calibration' table
- Output ripple: <1%
- Line regulation: <1%
- Load regulation: <1%
- Output type: solid-state transistor, active high (+DC), 200mA max., deactivated during fault conditions.
- Operating temperature: –10 to +55°C / 14 to +131°F
- Dimensions: see Dimensions diagram
- Weight: 0.5 kg / 1.1 lb
- Electromagnetic compatibility: EN50081-2, EN50082-2
|Standard battery types
||float volts (V DC)
||boost volts (V DC)
||Lead acid (6 cells)
|NiCd (10 cells)
||Lead acid (12 cells)
|NiCd (20 cells)
- F1, AC supply fuse, 5A (anti-surge)
- F2, MOSFET protection fuse, 5A (quick-blow)
- Charge Fail output shown driving an alarm relay, maximum coil rating 200mA, contacts shown in de-energised (fault) state
- For boost mode, link the Bst terminal to battery negative, ideally via time relay contacts to automatically limit boost time.
- 2 x Gnd/Earth terminals are internally connected to charger chassis. Charger DC output is isolated from chassis/ground.
How to Order
||SM135 battery charger, 4.5A, selectable 12 or 24V output